Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

James and I had such a great time passing out candy tonight to all the little Daybreak princesses, monsters, bugs, and various other characters.  I am so glad that our friends stopped by; Snow White aka Emily looked very cute with her lipstick, black wig, and dress.  The Mario Brothers' Toadface and Turtle aka Sawyer and Wyatt also stopped by for a treat, Liz has such talents in costume making, perhaps she should do some seamtress work at a theater company!  Reading Liz's blog post about her Halloween makes me chuckle when I compare it to our Halloween.  Liz made carmel apples, gingerbread houses, carved pumpkins and went trick-or-treating.  James and I got a couples massage and opened two bags of candy and put them in a bowl....but at least it was a Halloween bowl!   Too Funny.  

A couple of the most memorable characters that came to our door were Sleeping Beauty and the Star Wars Sand Creature.  Sleeping Beauty lost her slipper as she was walking up our steps, and it landed right beside the pumpkin that was sitting out.  I think she was the REAL Sleeping Beauty.   James and I realized our age when, what we thought was the Sand Creature from Star Wars arrived at our door.  The boy was dressed in a sand color canvas bag type thing and a sand color mask with two huge eyes.  He was a dead ringer for the Sand Creature.   When I mentioned to James that the Sand Creature was at our door, we were told "No, I'm 9"  when he turned around he had a big 9 on his back.   Who in the world is that?   I will have to Google it. 

As my dear brother points out, I have too much time on my hands so here's what I did  before our massages, I took pictures of Gertie and Beckett practicing their broom flying skills.   I never knew they had such skills. 


                                Beckett looked like a natural, venturing out to the end of the stick.


                                    Gertie was experiencing vertigo, so she had to close her eyes
   

1 comment:

  1. You're so funny! Next year we'll trade, I'd gladly take the couples massage, sounds dreamy...!

    ReplyDelete